Comparison is the thief of joy

15:33


How many times a day do you compare yourself to someone or something else? I am extremely guilty of this. I compare my success to others which I shouldn't do at all. I thought I would talk about this in a post because it is something that has been on my mind a lot recently. 

The quote is quite obvious about what it means. If you compare what you have/look like/do to other people, you aren't going to be happy. I am so bad at this because for me, if I see a good blog design,  I loose confidence in my design and I start disliking it. It is the same with test results, for example, I could get 15/20 and be happy with the mark because last time i only got 13. However if I find out that someone got 18, I start feeling awful because I feel like I am awful at the subject, even though I have improved. 

The thing is, it is wrong to compare your test result/blog design/hair/whatever to someone else's because they are completely different things. You wouldn't compare a fishes ability to swim with a giraffes ability to swim would you?

This week, I challenge you to not compare yourself or something you have done to anyone else. If you do, think of all the things you love about your life. What is your opinion on this?

Sorry for a slightly shorter post, also check out this link to see a video of my Sounds Live Feels Live concert which I did a blog post on here

Lots of Love
Laura xx

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Wow this is soo cute! I love your blog! Please check out mine: graciepastelpink.blogspot.com thank you!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post! I do find myself comparing my blog to a lot of other people! I am going to do my best to try and stop, but it can be hard! Xx

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! i always compare my test results and get really down and i need to stop doing that.

    Wi xx

    White-interiors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post! Such a beautiful meaning and message x
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this qoute and went like "treat yourself like your bestfriend" and it is so inspirational. I always compare myself to my friends x
    http://thepastelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quote and post!
    -Maddie
    Blog: Sundaysaresunny.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so true! It reminded me of that Einstein quote: "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid." Great post!

    onmywayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting, it means so much! Love Laura x