How to make a bathbomb

15:59

The other week, I made these bathbombs, and I really like the end result so I thought I would share the recipe with you. It is for herbal or flower bath bombs. 

Ingredients
50g citric acid (you can get this from wine making suppliers or supermarkets)
100g bicarbonate of soda or baking soda (baking aisle)
Essential oils or some old perfume
Water in a spritzer bottle, or you can use liquid body spray
Ice cube silicon trays(I didn't have this so I used a plastic cup)
Food coloring (optional)
Dried herbs or petals (optional) I used a herbal tea bag!
Cosmetic glitter (optional)––don't use craft glitter; it must be cosmetic glitter
Plastic, medium sized bowl
Rubber gloves (citric acid is irritant)

Method
**Wear gloves for this part**
1.Measure out the citric acid and bicarbonate of soda/baking soda. Add to the bowl.
2.Make a well with your fingers in the middle of the bowl.
3.Pour in essential oils/old perfume. Add about 5 sprays/drops. Then pour in the food coloring, dried herbs or petals and cosmetic glitter, if you want them.
4.Using the spritzer bottle, spray 10 times on top of the mixture. This binds it all together.
5.After you have sprayed the mixture, it starts to harden, so you need to be quick. Pick up little handfuls of the bath bomb mixture and compress it down into the ice cube tray holes.
6.Layer the mixture on top of the last layer. Push down hard to get the best results.
7.Leave overnight. In the next day, they should be dry. When they are, you can push out your bath bombs and use them!

Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Let me know if you are going to try it out.

Lots of love
Laura xx

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Love this post Laura it's so cute xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good tutorial, these homemade bath bombs would make such wonderful gifts
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so cute! x
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bath bomb is sooo photogenic! X
    http://thepastelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely going to check this out and have a go myself!
    Thank you!
    Chloe x
    www.thoughtfulclouds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so good! I bet it smells so pretty!
    Charlotte <3

    http://vieaveccharlotte.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to try this out! I might have to wait a little bit though, I just wouldn't have time right now haha I'll save it though! I'll let you know if I try it out!

    onmywayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am sure homemade bathbomb will be so much cheap than lush haha

    jess x | wellwellgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome!! I love that you used an herbal tea as one of your add-ins. I have been meaning to make my own bath bombs, but I'm guilty of running back to Lush EVERY TIME. I love the way yours turned out, thank you for sharing the "recipe". Hopefully this was my wake-up to just make my own instead of shoveling my bank account into Lush's pockets.... LOL.

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.unicornsteph.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds great !! Very creative. Would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin and other social media :) x
    www.ambiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing post :D ! I love the look of you blog

    www.infashionchains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a good idea! Might try these!

    Lou Loves / www.louloves01.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks amazing, i got a bath bomb making set for christmas and yet to try it this has given me lots of inspiration espicially the tea bag!!! amazingpost as usual

    Wi xx

    White-interiors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting, it means so much! Love Laura x