Dear My Future Self...

17:00

Dear 21 year old Laura,

Hello! You are writing this in your teenage years. At the minute, you are happy with your life. You have amazing friends who support you through everything. School is kind of getting you down, in particular English but that probably won't matter to you right now. To be honest you have probably forgotten all about why you hate it. What can I tell you that you have probably forgotten? What about the view from your bedroom window and how it feels to smell mum's cooking. I hope you haven't forgotten that. 


By your current plans. you should be in university after taking a gap year after A Levels. How did you do in your A Levels? Did you travel around Europe like you planned to? If not, don't worry, I am sure there was a good reason. What's university like? I hope you aren't struggling with the workload, please don't stress/ Don't spend all your time working though, You are only at university once and hopefully you will lie uni life to the fullest. Have you made new friends? I hope your flat mates are nice and that you are making new friends. 

I really hope that you still love blogging and photography. Have you taken amazing pictures on your travels? How do you display them? I would love if they were all in photo albums

If you are stressed out right now, chill! Take a bath and pamper yourself. Read a book. And don't feel guilty about taking time out! If you are feeling lonely, call someone! You are the worst at asking for help and reaching out and I hope you have got better at that. 


How is your body confidence? Right now it goes through highs and lows but mostly lows. When you are reading this, your body will probably not look the same as what it is now, have you embraced the changes? Do you wear makeup?? I hope you have learnt that not all bodies are meant to look the same and that is okay. 

Mostly, I hope you that are enjoying yourself and are happy with your life. I want you to know that it is okay if you are feeling sad because all humans feel that way sometimes. 

What would you say to your future self?
Laura xx

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I really want to write one of these myself one day! Will be so nice to look back on <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post! This has really inspired me to write my own letter to my future self! X

    Kate// itskaterose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! I hope you're still blogging when you're future self would be old enough to reply! :)
    Amy x
    amyslifeblogs24.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was a lovely post and a great idea! i'm sure this will be interesting to read back when you're 21 xx

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely post! It's inspiring me to write one myself. Amazing posts as always x

    www.theaveragegurl.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting, it means so much! Love Laura x