Room Decor

21:38

So at the moment I am in the middle of redecorating my bedroom. It is not a serious project where I'm painting the walls etc. but I have had my bedroom the same way for years so I thought it be was time to change things around. Also, my walls were quite plain and boring and all in all my room didn't really represent me.

In the Easter break, I moved some pieces of furniture around in my bedroom and I really like the way it turned out. My bedroom appears more spacial and it means when I can walk in I can just fall onto my sofa bed straight away and relax. Here are some pictures of what my bedroom furniture looked like. As you can see, it was very messy.


The other weekend I started watching videos on You Tube to help me get some ideas of how I could customize my room. I watched videos on Tumblr rooms DIY and Tumblr and Pinterest bedroom inspiration because I really admire the Tumblr and Pinterest bedrooms. They look so cosy and they are easily customisable to your style and your bedroom. I also looked up organisation because one of my new years resolutions was to be more organised (A tidy room is a tidy mind etc) and I don't feel I have achieved that. I found quite a few ideas and I'm looking forward to trying those out. I have tried some out already and I'm pleased with the way those turned out.

The ideas that I'm going to try/have tried are:
- bunting
- butterfly wall art
- Polaroid pictures
- world map
- photo frames
- posters

I got my inspiration from the You Tube videos I watched but unfortunately I can't find most of the links so I have found pictures off Tumblr instead.

I'm still in the process of making my bedroom so I,m going to create a DIY Bedroom Decor Series. Every Week I will upload a new Blog post with a new DIY and the instructions on how I made it. I really hope that you guys enjoy this series.


Lots of Love
Laura x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thankyou for commenting, it means so much! Love Laura x